Friday, December 31, 2010

Pictures

I did a project today. I strung about 6 feet of thick string (somewhat like clothes line) along Benton's wall. I then clothes pinned pictures of Paul to the string. So now there are bunches of pictures of Paul hanging in Benton's room. I just want to make sure he recognizes his Daddy. It's really cute, too.

Things have been going good lately. Benton's been doing cartwheels in my belly on a regular basis before bed. I usually wake up around 3 am for no reason. Rolling over in bed's become a chore. I snuggle with pillows on either side of me all night. I'm ready to pop this kid out. But I don't think it's from being pregnant, because I'm really not that uncomfortable. The waiting is what's killing me. Time seems to have slowed down.

Oh, I also got Benton's baby book the other day. It's kind of like a scrap book. I also got a little plastic box to put his first birthday cards in, and Christmas cards, ultrasound photos, and other stuff. It's tucked away in his closet.

I also finally got a mattress for the crib. Now I have the crib put together and ready to go. The very last thing I need/want is a glider. I'm working on it, though. For some reason I'm hesitant on getting one. Paul doesn't think I'll use it. I do. I'd like to be able to rock him (and myself) to sleep. Especially while breastfeeding.

I have to now squish the car seat in the car instead of the truck. The truck is inoperable right now. So we're compacting things down. It's a pain but there's nothing I can do about it until the truck gets fixed.

Grandma Betty will be arriving on the 27th. Grandma and Grandpa Aspedon will also be coming around that time, too. It'll be nice having some help. I just have to get the office cleaned out and the bed made.

I also got an exercise ball the other day. They're not as expensive as I thought they'd be. It was only $10 at Target. I've sat on it a couple times. I really haven't been home so I haven't been able to use it much. It's pretty comfy, though. I did a little bouncing on it last night.

Well, 30 days are left of this pregnancy. I can't wait. I'm so excited. It's all I can talk about and I'm sure people are getting annoyed. Sometimes I annoy myself. But I'm proud to be a soon-to-be mommy. I'm definitely looking forward to all the joys and struggles of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment