Monday, December 13, 2010

Daddy's Gone

Well, little man, it's just me and you for now. Daddy left today. I can honestly say that today was the longest and possibly hardest day of my life. I cried quite a bit throughout the day, before he left. Around 4ish, he and I spent a little time together and got to talk for a few minutes. We kissed. I'll never forget it. Then they walked out to the shuttle busses with their carry-on bags and guns. I stood outside and watched them load up. I cried a tear here and there. And then the busses pulled off. And I lost it.

I can't wait for him to come home to hold and see you. You'll be a few months old the first time you meet. But always remember that he's loved you since before you were born.

So I'm going to do my best to keep you two in touch. With videos and pictures and everything in between. But for now, it's just you and me.

One year left until Daddy's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment