Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We went shopping!

Yesterday Paul and I finally went baby shopping on our own. It was fun yet very exhausting. We got some great deals.

We first stopped at one baby consignment store in town. They didn't have anything we liked. So we went to the other consignment shop, Storkdaddy's. Paul picked out a few rattler and teething toys. I also got him 3 or 4 sleep sacks. He's got pajamas sized 3 months and up. Poor little guy had nothing to sleep in for now! He also got a camo bodysuit. We spent about $30 there.

Then we went to one of the Goodwill stores here in town. We picked up 2 bookends for his shelf, an activity mat, wipes warmer, about 5 books, and a few other things for another $30.

And last came Target. Eeek! We got quite a bit, though. Curtains. Sheets. Bottles. Receiving blankets. Lamp. Totes. A couple "daddy" outfits. Matress pad. And some other stuff for about $130.

All in all, I say we did pretty darn good yesterday. Paul still has to put up my shelf so I can get things set on it and organized. I'll be using the original farm bumper I purchased at the Goodwill a while back. I got a yellow curtain to match the fence. I might get a red bedskirt to match the barn.

Oh, and before he and I went shopping together, I got the rest of the stuff for my hospital bag at HEB yesterday. I am completely packed and ready to go except for bras, cell phone, laptop, and change for the vending machines.

So, I've got pretty much everything I need. I eliminated 90% of the stuff on my registry to help me keep track of what is left to buy. Basically the main thing to get is the crib matress. I kind of want a glider but I don't know yet. I'll keep my eye out on Craigslist for that.

The nursery is almost done! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment