Saturday, December 4, 2010

Swelling and Travel Systems

I forgot to update about the Braxton Hicks contractions. Well, I waited them out that night and they eventually went away after a couple hours. The next night they came at the same pace for a couple hours and then went away. Then nothing after that. So no hospital visit. Just an overly-worried me, as always.

On to the next topic: Swelling. Over the past couple days my ankles have been swelling. Nothing major but enough to get on my nerves. I've been drinking only water to try to help it. And when I sit my feet are up. So hopefully it will subside. Or at least not get any worse.

Yesterday and the evening before, Aunt Cathy took Paul and I shopping for a car seat and stroller set. You would have thought we were buying a house!!! I can honestly say, Paul really and truly cares about what our baby will be sitting in and how it will be used. The first evening we looked, we went to Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart. We couldn't settle on anything we liked. It either didn't have enough cup holders, or the seat didn't sit in it right, or it was hard to fold up. So the next day we went to Babies R Us. We looked at travel system after travel system. We finally found two systems (the same kind only with a couple differences) that we really liked. One was black and green and one was brown with safari animals. I really loved the black and green one but Cathy brought up a really good point: when the baby spits up or the car seat brushes against a dirty vehicle, the mess will be really visible. And also, since we live in Texas, the black will retain the heat the most. So after much deliberation, and test driving it through the store, we decided to get the safari print one. It's very cute, has a micro-fiber feeling to it, nice stitching and is really easy for me to fold/unfold and carry. And I (Paul, too) just want to say Thank you sooooo much! We are very, very grateful for this gift.


 







My swollen ankles.


Somewhere in the 31 week mark.

 

2 comments:

  1. Now there is a man who realy cares about his baby's safety, nice one Paul ...... Men realy do know how to read instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really great!

    ReplyDelete