Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Been A While!

Oy! I've been terrible lately at writing on here. Mainly because I haven't had a computer at home since Paul deployed. But I'll try my best to update everything.

Well, first off, I should do some belly pictures.

Christmas Day
34w6d


The same wife beater I've worn in all the other pictures. This was taken after I'd noticed he dropped.
36w3d

36w5d

Things have been going pretty good lately. I've definitely slowed down around the house. I sleep about 10-12 hours a night. My back is definitely hurting more than it was before. Paul seems to think Benton will be here within a week.

Friday, January 14 I had a non-stress test done. Benton normally bounces around like crazy and I never have any problems feeling him. On Thursday I had noticed he slowed down. Way down. I had been online all day so I wasn't moving around to where I couldn't notice his movements. Every once in a while I'd feel his head nudge me or what seemed to be an arm poking at me. But no bouncing. Well, Friday he was doing the same thing. He was moving but only very slight movements. I got scared and called the doctor and they had me come in for the test. And go figure, as soon as they hook me up to the monitors, he starts bouncing around like crazy. I'm very happy he's okay. I think he was just having a lazy couple days. I guess we're all entitled to those.

I've been having more contractions. No pain. But they've defnitely picked up. I timed them the other night after my non-stress test and they were about a minute long and three minutes apart. I don't really notice them during the day but in the evening is when they tend to pick up. Dr. Allerkamp says to go to labor and delivery when they're less than five minutes apart for two or more hours. They only come in the evening so I won't make a trip over there until they're coming for a long time or during the day.

Mom and I went to Zumba the other day. We were interviewed for the newspaper. They asked why we were there and I told them to help get this baby out. It was funny because that's what the lady put in the paper. But Zumba itself was pretty fun. It's like modern-day arobics. I was able to do most of it. About an hour and a half in I had to call it quits, though. My belly turned into one major contracted ball and it just got uncomfortable.

I have another doctor's appointment this week, of course. It's with a different doctor since my doc will be out for surgery. I asked Dr. Allerkamp at my last appointment when he sweeps the membranes (yes, I was begging him to do it already). He said he normally doesn't do it until 38 weeks. Well, guess what! We're at 38 weeks. So I'm going to see if Dr. West will do it for me this week. I will be making it known to Dr. Allerkamp at my 39 week appointment that I do NOT want to have this baby in February. I will request to be induced on or the day before my due date. We'll see what he says.

I had a dream a couple nights ago. Normally when I dream, they're nothing fancy, usually about me. Well, for some reason I dreamed a frog (he was like a neon green tree frog with black camo-ish stripes) was hopping under the bassinett. It was weird. So I did some research online and found it has to do with fertility or good things. And it said something about if the frog was coming from the east then that means birth or fertility. Guess what, he was coming from the east. Now, obviously, I haven't had the baby yet. I was hoping it would mean labor would start within 24 hours but I guess not. Oh, well. At least we know the baby's still coming! Hahaha!

But yeah, that's all I have for now. I think I've got it all updated. Now that I have a computer again I can write as soon as I think of something.

Less than two weeks until Benton is supposed to be here. Yay! Paul and I are EXTREMELY excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment