Friday, January 28, 2011

Damnit!

I had my 39 week checkup today. 2.5cm and 70% thinned out. So basically no progress. Boooo! I'm a little upset about that. Doc swept my membranes again. 30% chance of labor within 3 days. He thinks I'll go on my own. I don't think I will. He won't induce until 41.5 weeks. So if I'm still pregnant on the 3rd (which is my next appointment) we'll schedule my induction. So the very latest Benton will be here should be February 13 (2 weeks after my due date). I don't want a February baby! I want him NOW!



Grandma and Grandpa got here yesterday. They'll be staying for a week. And grandma flew in last night and I think she's staying for two weeks. Grandpa and I will be walking like crazy to get this baby out.


I've talked to Paul and I can tell he's stressing and anxious and nervous and excited and a million other emotions. He's got someone to cover for him at work. But he doesn't like the fact that we're still waiting for "any minute now" instead of knowing for sure when he'll be here. We were both hoping doc would say "Okay! This weekend!" but obviously it didn't happen.


On a different note, I'm going in an hour to get the car seat properly installed. If it were in the truck I'd have no problem doing it myself. But since it has to go in the car for now, I don't like how it sits because the back seat is two bucket seats. I'll have them crawl back there and make sure it's in okay.


Oh! The castor oil..... NEVER AGAIN. The first time I took 2 tablespoons and got a few rumblies in my tummy. This time I took 1 ounce. I was up all night throwing up and pooping. It was not fun. I will never ever ever do it again. It was horrible for me and I'm sure it was horrible for Benton. I'm sorry to my baby that I put him through that. I feel like I've already lost the "Mommy of the Year" award.


But yeah, installing the car seat today and my next appointment is on the 3rd. Here goes another week of waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment